Sunday, December 16, 2007

ROTTWEILERS FOR SALE: THE SUNDAY TIMES E-PAPER! IS THERE HOPE FOR THIS COUNTRY?

ROTTWEILER puppies guard, pets or show dogs. Imported sire from top UK kennel. Dan champion.

Dear Mr Editor,
In my writings and in my thoughts, I always WORSHIPPED your newspaper – and your sister-newspaper – for the courageous stance it takes in favour of animals.

However, after taking a look at the ‘PETS’ (sic) part of the Classifieds, in your online newspaper today, I was distraught and disgusted that the newspaper showed the following:

ROTTWEILER puppies guard, pets or show dogs. Imported sire from top UK kennel. Dan champion.
And

SNAKES, carpet Pythons, Burmese Pythons, red tail Boas, and Amazon tree Boas.


It is bad enough that we have people breeding dogs and cats for financial profit. It is bad enough that a newspaper deems it fit to publish these sales. However, I draw a line when it comes to rottweilers, which are CERTAINLY illegal to have, let alone breed, abroad at least ( I am not sure what the situation is, in Malta, but nevertheless….!) and exotic animals which should not even be in Malta – pythons.

In my opinion, Mr Editor, your newspaper is being guilty of hypocrisy, here. You find nothing wrong in getting money for advertisements of this sort, yet, then, you ‘champion’ the breeding and the selling of rottweilers, You jolly well know that animals are not meant to be guard dogs – technology has seen to that! You also jolly well know that a civilized newspapers such as yours should not stoop so low as to encourage the breeding and selling of rottweilers!

I would be most gracious (as I said before, I respect your newspapers a lot for the stand you all take in favour of animals) to receive your reaction to the above, before going further.

Sincerely.


FURTHER TO THIS CORRESPONDENCE, THE EDITOR OF THE TIMES ASKED ME TO SHOW PROOF THAT ROTTWEILERS ARE ILLEGAL IN MALTA - IN FACT, I HAD NONE TO OFFER. I FELT I DIDN'T NEED TO OFFER ANY PROOF REGARDING THE PERIL OF SUCH A BREED - A BREED THAT, NEEDLESS TO SAY, WAS MADE BY MAN IN ORDER TO 'PRODUCE', LITERALLY, A SUPERIOR SPECIES OF GUARD DOG.
THEN, WHEN A ROTTWEILER KILLS OR HARMS A BOY OR GIRL, WE SHOOT TO KILL IT! BUT THAT IS JUSTICE FOR YOU.

No comments: