Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 starts ... in a bad way. But night is always followed by day!

THE TIMES: Tuesday, 1st January 2008

Abandoned dog
Christine Bonnici, San Gwann.

I am utterly disgusted at the person who decided to tie a black dog to a pole in San Gwann and leave him stranded in the wet weather last Saturday.

I happened to be driving past, and I must say I was totally shocked.

The dog was shaking, soaked and scared. I stopped and bought him some food straight away.

I would like to thank the policewoman on duty at the St Julians police station who helped by making calls to the SPCA but unfortunately there was no reply.

I already own a dog and I cannot take in more due to space restrictions, but that is no excuse to leave a dog in the street especially in this weather.

A kind couple stopped and told me that they had already seen this dog tied up in the rain, and they weren't sure if someone owned it or if it had been brutally abandoned.

After I explained the situation they decided to offer a home to this beautiful dog. I would like to thank them again for their kindness.

As for the person or persons who abandoned the dog and left him homeless in this cold and wet weather, I wonder if he/she can have peace within themselves?

I wish the dog and his new owners a happy New Year in a loving home.

HAPPY 2008, ALL ANIMALS OUT THERE! MAY YOUR CREATOR AND ST FRANCIS WATCH OVER YOU ALL!

No comments: